If you are picky about the materials you put in your new home, you may consider hardwood floor for it. This is one of the more popular options that people get for their homes, as it is durable, long-lasting and provides a sweet natural look, which beautifies the place.
There is only one thing you need to do: get the help of hardwood flooring expert. It is true that many people advocate going the DIY route and installing the hardwood floor on your own, but that is just way too risky. If you aren’t skilled enough, you can end up making costly mistakes, which you will have to repair later on. Instead, you should work with an expert on the matter.
Here is how you can get the best one on the case:
- Ensure they have the expertise – the company you hire should have the experience you are looking for. As you do your research, you should inspect their website and see what they have to offer. Check their previous projects, the materials they use in their work, the equipment and certified professionals. These are all important factors that speak about a hardwood flooring company’s expertise. Needless to say, you want a company that can get the job done without any problem. That is what you should be aiming for.
- Check company references – to concentrate on a few well-reputed options, you should check company references. Remember, every single company out there wants to appear as one that offers premium services, but very few of them actually do. Thus, you have to check references, to see how the company really works. If there are a lot of people happy with their service, then perhaps you are looking at a company worth hiring.
- Get a detailed price quote – once you have set your sights on a company to hire, you want to get a detailed price quote. Naturally, you will have a budget, and you do not want to overextend it. For this, you want to get a detailed price quote and thorough understanding of all the services involved in the work. The cost of installation varies from one company to another, and so you want to get a few quotes to end up with a reasonable price.
- How they acclimate the floorboards – one of the most important things about hardwood floor is that it needs to acclimatise to your home environment. If the material doesn’t go through this process, it may shrink and warp. The company you hire should have an expert who monitors humidity, moisture and temperature of the room. The company should bring the material on site at least several days before starting work and then check to see if it is ready for installation. That way they will guarantee the floor will stay in good shape once it is installed.
- Subfloor preparation – another factor for proper hardwood installation is the preparation of the subfloor. The company you hire should go into detail to explain how they are going to prepare the subfloor. They will ensure the area is flat and smooth and that the hardwood itself is set right.
- Post-installation care – installing the floor is one thing. You will require some post-installation care, and you will be surprised to find out that not every company out there provides it. Make a point to ask the company what care they provide.
Now that you know how to hire the best company for hardwood installation, you can ensure a beautiful and durable floor.